1. Newall, C., Gonsalkorale, K., Walker, E., Forbes, G. A., Highfield, K., & Sweller, N. (2018). Science education: adult biases because of the child's gender and gender stereotypicality. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 55, 30-41. DOI: 10.1016/j.cedpsych.2018.08.003.
2. Tapp, B., Gandy, M., Fogliati, V., Karin, E., Fogliati, R., Newall, C., McLellan, L., Titov, V., & Dear, B. (2018). Psychological distress, help-seeking and perceived barriers to psychological treatment among Australian parents. Australian Journal of Psychology, 70, 113-121.
3. Newall, C., Watson, K., Grant, K-A., & Richardson, R. (2017). The relative effectiveness of extinction and counter-conditioning in diminishing children’s fear. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 95, 42-49. doi: 10.1016/j.brat.2017.05.006
4. Gandy, M., Fogliati, V., Terides, M.D., Songco, A., Johnston, L., Nicholson Perry, K., Newall, C., Titov, N., & Dear, B. (2016). Examining the use of Basic Short Message Service (SMS) prompts to facilitate skills practice in internet-delivered Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (iCBT) for chronic pain: a feasibility study. Clinical Journal of Pain, 8, 1288-1298.
5. Den, M., Graham, B., Newall, C., & Richardson, R. (2015) Teens that fear screams: A comparison of fear conditioning, extinction, and reinstatement in adolescents and adults. Developmental Psychobiology, 57, 818- 832.
6. Newall, C., Jacomb, I., Hudson, J., & Broeren, S. (2015). Physical context regulates the renewal of fear in indirect pathways: An examination of fear reduction processes using verbal information provision and modelling. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology, 6, 13 – 27.
7. Udy, C., Newall, C., Broeren, S., & Hudson, J. (2014). Maternal expectancy versus objective measures of child skill: Evidence for the absence of positive bias in mothers’ expectations of child with internalizing disorders. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 42, 439-451.
8. Broeren, S., Newall, C., Dodd, H., Locker, R., Hudson, J.L. (2014). Longitudinal investigation of the role of temperament and stressful life events in childhood anxiety. Development and Psychopathology, 26, 437- 449.
9. Hudson, J., Newall, C., Rapee, R., Lyneham, H., Schniering, C., Wuthrich, V., Schneider, S., Seeley-Waite, E., Gar, N.S. The impact of brief parental anxiety management on child anxiety treatment outcomes: a controlled trial (2014). Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 43, 370-380.
10. Mitchell, J., Newall, C., Broeren, S., & Hudson, J. (2013). The role of perfectionism in cognitive behaviour therapy outcomes for clinically anxious children. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 51, 547-554.
11. Mitchell, J., Broeren, S., Newall, C., & Hudson, J.L. (2013). An experimental manipulation of maternal perfectionistic anxious rearing behaviours with anxious and non-anxious children. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology, 116, 1-18.
12. Williams, A. D., Moulds, M. L., Grisham, J. R., Gay, P., Lang, T., Kandris, E., Werner-Seidler, A., & Yap, C. (2010). Psychometric evaluation of the Thought Control Ability Questionnaire (TCAQ) and the prediction of cognitive control. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment, 32, 397 – 405.
13. Moulds, M.L., Yap, C.S.L., Kerr, E., Williams, A., & Kandris, E. (2010). Metacognitive beliefs increase vulnerability to rumination. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 39, 65-71.
14. Du S., Jaaniste T., Champion G.D., Yap C.S.L. (2008). Theories of fear acquisition: The development of needle phobia in children. Pediatric Pain Letter, 10, 13-17.
15. Moulds, M.L., Kandris, E., Williams, A.D., Lang, T., Yap, C., & Hoffmeister, K. (2008). An investigation of the relationship between cognitive reactivity and rumination. Behavior Therapy, 39, 65-71.
16. Yap, C.S.L. & Richardson, R. (2007). Extinction in the developing rat: An examination of renewal effects. Developmental Psychobiology, 49, 565–575.
17. Yap, C.S.L. & Richardson, R. (2007). The Ontogeny of Fear-Potentiated Startle: Effects of Earlier-acquired Fear Memories. Behavioral Neuroscience, 121, 1053–1062.
18. Yap, C.S.L. & Richardson, R. (2005). Latent inhibition in the developing rat: An examination of context specific effects. Developmental Psychobiology, 57, 55–65.
19. Yap, C.S.L., Stapinski, L., & Richardson, R. (2005). Behavioral expression of learned fear: Updating of early memories. Behavioral Neuroscience, 119, 1467–1476.
20. Newall, C., Dodd, H., Hudson, J.L., & Rapee, R. (2013). Treating broad-based anxiety problems in children. In P. Graham and S. Reynolds (Eds.), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Children and Families 3rd Edition (pp. 222-234). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
21. Hudson, J., Newall, C., Morris, T., & Schneider, S. (2013). Assessing child and adolescent anxiety disorders (2014). In E. Sburlati, H. Lyneham, C. Schneiring and R. Rapee (Eds), Evidence-Based CBT for Anxiety and Depression in Children and Adolescents: A Competencies-Based Approach (pp. 79-94). West Sussex, UK: Wiley-Blackwell.
22. Crawford, A., Newall, C., & Rapee, R.M. (2012). Recent advances in the treatment of social phobia. The Acparian, January 2013, 11-13. 23. Newall, C. & Hudson, J. (2012). Commentary on Spence SH, Donovan CL, March S, Gamble A, Anderson RE, Prosser S, Kenardy J. A randomized controlled trial of online versus clinic-based CBT for adolescent anxiety. J. Consult Clin Psychol. 2011 Oct; 79(5):629-42. Evidence Based Mental Health Journals, 15, 49.